A middle-aged man dreaming of the day when he can stop begging for scraps and write for a living.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

A few of my favorite things

Those who know me are aware that I have a deep appreciation for music, particularly classical music. I'm also a big fan of heavy metal; they have more in common than people realize. My Lady is frequently amused when I'll be listening to the radio and be able to successfully identify the composer and often the composition. I'm not the music geek I could be, but I know what I like.

What I really like is when a band combines both rock and classical music. For years my favorite example of this was Apocalyptica's rendition of Grieg's "Hall of the Mountain King" but today I've discovered a new favorite. This is 2 Cellos playing "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC.

You're welcome.



No comments: