A middle-aged man dreaming of the day when he can stop begging for scraps and write for a living.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Revisionism redux

So our revered drug addict is at it again:

Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what's gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don't care what the Drive-By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: "Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails." Somebody's gotta say it.

The funny thing? I seem to recall Conservatives running the show for the majority of the past two decades.

I'm getting really tired of conservatives trying to go back and blame their screwups on liberals. Rove is doing it, Bush is doing it, pretty much everyone on Fox News has been trying to change history as it happens ("terrorist fist-jab," anyone?) and Limbaugh is right there on the fringes leading the charge.

It's all the fault of the Liberals!

But...conservatives have dominated government more often than not since Reagan started appointing federal judges.

Liberalism! The media has a well-known liberal bias!

So how come all of the media pundits repeat conservative talking points and liberals got pushed into blogs?

If it weren't for Liberals, we'd have won the war and straightened out our economy!

Except liberals were literally shut out of the process of government for years while the war was going on and the economy was bubbling over.

I'm rich, and I say it's all the fault of the Liberals!

So yeah, that's pretty much Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and all the rest of the blowhards in a nutshell. Tell me if I'm wrong.

No comments: