A middle-aged man dreaming of the day when he can stop begging for scraps and write for a living.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

What it means to be a Reagan Conservative?

This blog entry was a fascinating look at cognitive dissonance as art form. If you can't quite bring yourself to finish reading all eleven entries (the author was shooting for ten, but his math skills weren't quite up to the task), skip on down to the comments to see my take on it. Provided, of course, the author allows the comments to stay.

4 comments:

George Dienhart said...

Hey fish-

You broke your template. Maybe you should work on that before ranting on what idiots conservatives are...

SpaceGhoti said...

Thanks for the heads-up, George. It looks fine to me in Opera and Firefox. It could be that IE is broken, but otherwise I don't see the problem.

I know that we liberals are intimidating what with our intellectualism, our demands for equal rights for all and our ability to count to ten without repeating a number. But somehow, I'm sure there's a way we can all learn to live together.

Three Fingered Pete said...

I agree on the "double 7" error made by the author- but he is entitled to his opinion, just as you are to yours.

It is IE I am viewing in- I had the same problem with this template

SpaceGhoti said...

I suspected as much. IE is terrible about web standards compliance. I shan't worry about it overmuch.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Everybody is also subject to criticism about their opinions; myself, George and the Pope. There is no opinion so sacred that it cannot or should not be subjected to intense scrutiny. We don't have to agree with each other, but neither should we ignore what's being said around us. You never know what you might learn.